If you’re reading this article, you probably already know how harmful smoking cigarettes can be. Even if you don’t know this, it’s highly likely that your closest friends and family members do. That being said, not everyone agrees on the same level of how bad smoking cigarettes is. Some even consider it to be a beneficial activity. With that said, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of smoking weed as well as why it may not be so terrible after all.
Health Benefits of Smoking Weed
Smoking weed is a health benefit for many people. It does not cause lung cancer, emphysema, or any other deadly diseases that come with tobacco cigarettes. For people who have health issues that make tobacco cigarettes too risky, smoking weed may be a great alternative. There are a number of people who choose to use marijuana because they believe that it can help with issues such as:
– Depression – Studies have shown that some people who use marijuana can experience reduced feelings of depression. This is likely due to the fact that people who smoke weed often have elevated levels of endocannabinoids in the brain.
– Anxiety – For many people, anxiety is a debilitating condition. If you struggle with this, then smoking weed may help fight back the demons. One study even showed that people who regularly smoked pot were less likely to experience panic attacks than those who did not.
– Insomnia – Many people who struggle with insomnia find relief through marijuana. One study even showed that people who smoke weed often experience better quality sleep than those who do not.
– Palliative Care – Some people who are going through cancer find that marijuana helps them deal with the side effects of treatments. This is especially true for patients suffering from nausea when taking chemotherapy.
– Kidney Care – People who have issues with their kidneys should take note. Researchers have found that frequent marijuana use is associated with an increased risk of chronic kidney disease down the road. People who have a family history of kidney issues should probably steer clear of weed if possible.
Social Benefits of Smoking Weed
There are many social benefits of smoking weed, especially if you happen to live in a place where recreational marijuana is legal.
– Improved Communication – Studies have shown that people who smoke marijuana often have higher levels of empathy. This can make it easier for people to communicate with others. Furthermore, people who smoke weed often report experiencing a sense of relaxation. This can be beneficial for healthy communication and can also reduce the likelihood of arguments and conflict.
– Increased Intuition – Many people who smoke weed report experiencing heightened intuition. This can come in handy, especially for those who work in a career that requires the reading of people and situations.
– Better Memory – For those who suffer from poor memory, marijuana can be a great form of cognitive therapy. Studies have shown that people who consume marijuana daily are likely to experience better memory than those who do not use marijuana.
– Less Fear of the Future – For some people, marijuana is a way to express their fears and anxieties. For others, it is a way to relax and unwind. Regardless, many people who smoke weed report feeling less anxious about the future than they did before they started.
Creative Benefits of Smoking Weed
People who enjoy the creative benefits of smoking weed will find them in abundance.
– Expressive Creative Flow – For many people, smoking weed during creative flow is a fantastic experience. This is especially true for those who have trouble creating when they are sober.
– Channeled Creativity – For those who enjoy creative flow, but don’t like working out the kinks in their creative flow, smoking weed can be a great way to unwind.
– Creative Flow – Creative flow occurs when you are in a state of flow where you feel completely in tune with everything you are doing. In this state of flow, everything you do feels like it comes from the most perfect place in the world even though it may seem like “simple” tasks.
Regularly smoking weed can help you relax. This is especially true if you have social anxiety and have trouble expressing yourself when sober.
Although there are many benefits of smoking weed, there are also a lot of negative aspects associated with it. Smoking weed every day also increases your risk of lung cancer, emphysema, and other health issues. That being said, it’s important to keep in mind that there are also plenty of people who use marijuana for medical reasons, such as to help treat chronic pain or anxiety.
That being said, if you decide to smoke weed, it’s important to do it responsibly. If you need help managing your risk, you could consider getting insurance coverage through your job or signing up for a marijuana program.