Cucumbers are known for their refreshing scent and tangy flavor. Besides, they are also known for their skin benefits as well. The various benefits of cucumber for skin can be attributed to its high content of a compound called cucurbitacins or RCIs (RSV inhibitors), which are potent antioxidants that have the ability to fight against free radicals that cause damage in the body.
These antioxidants also prevent damage caused by UV rays and other environmental toxins. In addition, it helps eliminate harmful toxins from the body by sweating them out through your skin. Cucumbers are rich in vitamins C, K, and E as well; which play an important role in maintaining healthy skin and hair.
They promote collagen production while repairing damaged cells and helping reduce wrinkles by keeping your skin firm and elastic. Additionally, they help reduce inflammation by fighting cell-damaging chemicals called free radicals.
Cucumber for Skin: Benefits and Usage Tips
Cucumbers are packed full of powerful antioxidants that fight against harmful UV rays, harmful toxins present in the environment, and inflammation that causes wrinkles. It is important to note that cucumbers have a powerful odor which may be off-putting for some people. There are several ways to ensure you get the most out of cucumbers in order to reap the skin benefits.
– WASH GREEN or RAW – While the texture of cucumbers is refreshing, the smell of cucumbers is quite strong and can be off-putting. To enjoy the benefits of cucumbers while reducing the pungent smell, wash cucumbers raw or green before consuming them.
– Consume Cucumbers Raw – Cucumbers are rich in water making them a great addition to soups, salad, and smoothies. Alternatively, you can also consume cucumbers raw when they are fresh. However, you should store cucumbers in a container with air space so that the odor does not accumulate.
– Make Cucumber Vinegar – The rich antioxidants present in cucumbers can be easily removed by making cucumber vinegar.
– Freeze Cucumbers – One of the best ways to enjoy the skin benefits of cucumbers is to freeze them. It is important to note that cucumbers should be frozen while they are still fresh. Once they are frozen they lose their flavor. Furthermore, you should avoid storing them in the freezer in a plastic bag as this can alter the taste and smell. Instead, you can wrap them in paper towels or air-tight containers and place them in the freezer.
– Make a Cucumber Mask – A cucumber mask has many benefits for the skin. It can be made by blending cucumbers with water, yogurt, honey, and salt. Blend them until you get a smooth texture. Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat the skin dry.
– Make a Cucumber Bath – Mix some cucumber slices in water and use it as a refreshing bath. Alternatively, you can also use cucumber slices as mouthwash to freshen your breath and reduce bacteria in your mouth.
Vitamin C in cucumbers: Benefits and how to get it
Cucumbers are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for the growth and repair of skin cells. It is also believed to be effective against harmful UV rays and harmful toxins present in the environment. Vitamin C is known to support collagen production in the skin that decreases wrinkles, elasticity and firmness. There are several steps you can follow to get the most out of vitamin C.
First, you need to wash and chop the cucumbers before consuming them. Additionally, you can also add them in your salad and smoothies. You can also consume vitamin C-rich foods such as oranges, broccoli, sweet potatoes, guavas, melons, papayas, kiwis, and strawberries. You can also consume vitamin C-rich supplements such as l-ascorbic acid and solgar brand gummy multivitamin tablets.
Keto Diet: Importance of vitamin B and E
The keto diet is popular due to its benefits for weight loss, improved metabolic health, and brain health. Vitamin B and E-rich foods such as avocados, almonds, and olives are commonly consumed on a keto diet. Apart from being an excellent source of fat and fiber, these foods are also rich in minerals like magnesium, potassium, and manganese that have important roles in regulating blood pressure, reducing insulin secretion, and managing brain health.
Furthermore, vitamin B-rich foods also help improve your skin and hair by promoting skin hydration and hair growth. Vitamin E-rich foods help prevent against heart disease and certain types of cancers by regulating the oxidative stress present in your body.
14 Day Keto Diet Meal Plan – How to Build a Healthy and Fulfilling Diet Meal Plan
The ideal keto diet meal plan should be low in carbs, moderate in protein, and high in healthy fats. While it is ideal to consume healthy fats on a daily basis, you can consume more protein on a keto diet as it helps in ketosis and increases fat burning. Here are some of the healthy and keto-friendly recipes that you can try for your daily meals.
– Keto Cucumber Salad – This salad is great for people who are on the keto diet as it is low in carbs and high in nutrients. This salad is best consumed during summer and winter seasons due to the presence of vitamin C and E-rich foods.
– Keto Avocado Toast – You can add another twist to your daily meals by making a low-carb and keto-friendly avocado toast. This toast is rich in healthy fats and can be consumed during any time of the day due to its filling nature.
– Keto Broccoli Stir-Fry – You can make a low-carb and keto-friendly stir-fry with broccoli that is rich in vitamin C and E-rich foods. This stir-fry can be enjoyed as a side dish during any meal.
– Keto Cheeseburger – You can make a keto-friendly burger using only three ingredients. This burger is rich in fat and protein and can be consumed during any time of the day due to its filling nature.
– Keto Mango Sticky Raita – Mango is a great source of vitamin C-rich foods and can be enjoyed as a side dish in various cuisines. This recipe is best consumed during summer and winter seasons due to the presence of vitamin E-rich foods.
Cucumbers are a great addition to your diet that can help improve your skin and health. You can consume cucumbers raw or make a cucumber vinegar mask or bath to reap their health benefits. Moreover, you can also try freezing them to enjoy their cold taste.